Questions about no ports available to select.

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply!

2011/2/22 David Henningsson <david.henningsson at canonical.com>

> Your log indicates your HDA codec is a "Conexant ID 506e" - the Conexant driver does not yet support this codec, so the driver falls back to a generic driver. I intend to make a new attempt later this week to add a quirk for that particular chip. If you, in the meantime, could point me to a bug in Launchpad (filed with the "ubuntu-bug audio" command), that would be helpful, as that would include valuable codec info. Thanks!

I'm not running ubuntu, just using that package from ubuntu, so no
that command, sorry.

The codec is Conexant CX20671-21Z, id is '0x14f1506e'. I did some
hacks, none works:
 * Switch the driver to latest one (embemed in linux 2.6.38-rc6)
 * Add an entry for 0x14f1506e, using patch_conexant_auto or patch_cxt5066

BTW, I can see ports in alsamixer (for capture: mic1, mic2, mic3),
which they can't be enumerated by PA?

--
Regards,
- cee1