Automatically switch profiles depeding on the number of input-channels

Hi,

I'd like to know how I can dynamically switch between profiles
depending on the number of audio channels of the file being played.

My output-sink currently has two profiles:
* Digital Stereo Output
* 5.1 AC3 Output

Now I'd like to use the Stereo Output for normal PCM sources and the
5.1 Output for multichannel sources. Is there a way to do that with
PulseAudio?

With pure ALSA this can be done easily with the definition of a
"pcm.!surround51"-device in the .asoundrc, but I'd like to use
PulseAudio for obvious reasons.

Best regards,
Frederik