Some info on the RME Hammerfall DSP

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 8:32 AM, David Kastrup <dak at gnu.org> wrote:
> I also have no idea about Maverick at all, and how it would cater for
> the Hammerfall with regard to Pulseaudio, defaults and so on.

The modifications that you made would still be necessary in Maverick.

> Would it be considered useful if I made the jump to Maverick prerelease
> right now? ?Who will then be doing the testing for a putative backport?

My opinion is that it isn't absolutely necessary to move to Maverick
(I dogfood the LTS releases).  All the modifications that I suggested
are possible in Lucid, too.  It's probable that [Launchpad's]
~ubuntu-audio-dev will have a staging PulseAudio package (based on
Maverick's) for Lucid soon.

Best,
-Dan