Forcing a mapping from a stream to a device

Hi there.

Thanks for PulseAudio; I'm a big fan.

I have two different sound devices in my system; a "sound card" and a usb
telephony device. I want to force certain streams (by software source) to
use the telephony device but leave music and other things going to the
standard sound card.

I can't seem to make this work; I can make either device "default" and then
manually move streams from one sink to another, but PA doesn't seem to
remember correctly. Each "phone call" requires that I move the stream again.

Specifically, I want to use the new "Gmail dial phones" feature in a
browser, in this case Chrome, with a "ClearOne Chat 50"... but I want
everything else to go through my desktop speakers. I suppose if I could get
it to work, I'd try Skype next.

I'm on Ubuntu 64-bit Lucid, nothing particularly funky installed.

Is there some invocation I can add to my pulse config files to force this?
I've tried using Earcandy to do this, but it's not very reliable.

Thanks!