Example using async API

On Mon, 2009-10-05 at 23:04 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Sun, 04.10.09 15:44, Peter Onion (Peter.Onion at btinternet.com) wrote:
>
> > So, what are the steps to upgrade my pulseaudio to the latest version ?
> >
> > I assume I can't just remove the pulseaudio rpm as that will break
> > dependencies ?
>
> PA is pretty tightly integrated into the system. Consider it part of
> the the OS itself. So it is only feasible to update the entire OS or
> nothing at all.
>
> Upgrading PA alone would also require you to update the kernel, udev
> and other things.
>
> Lennart

I didn't read this until I had sent my previous reply.

Are you saying it's actually impossible to upgrade pulseaudio to
anything newer than the current version in Fedora 11 ?

This seems to make it hard for people trying to write real applications
to get any support as they can't use the latest released versions.

PeterO