Working with PA and jack

2009/5/27 Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey at boosthardware.com>:
> So is the only way to communicate with pulse other than brute force kill or
> "pasuspender" to use the dbus protocol?

Probably yes, since it seems that PA's client API doesn't contain
functions for suspending sinks (i.e. release devices). But why would
you want to use something else than D-Bus? This piece of functionality
was developed in cooperation with the Jack developers for just this
use case (or so I believe). Even if there were other ways, Jack would
need to modified to use those ways, so what's wrong with this
particular solution?

--
Tanu Kaskinen