0.9.16 + udev 1.4.3 + USB + pavucontrol = crash: Packaging question

On Wed, 24.06.09 10:09, Colin Guthrie (gmane at colin.guthr.ie) wrote:

>> While I'm sure I can fix the actual crashing part and fall back to
>> audio-card, I'd like to include these icons before I push 0.9.16 to
>> Cooker.
>>
>> Any advice on which package I can steal them from in Fedora?
>
> In addition, there seem to be *lots* of icon name variations. (e.g.
> additional suffixes).
>
> Looking at the code this could amount to quite a lot of icons.

Those suffixes don't really matter. The XDG icon logic says that a
prefix search should take place to find the right icon. i.e. if
"foo-bar" is not available, "foo" is tried instead, and so on.

I decided to expose the connector in the icon names, so that artists
can optionally include that in the icon. Those icons' primary purpose
is to ease identification of the audio devices connected to a machine
in the mixer UIs. For that it might be useful to embedd a small
bluetooth resp. USB logo in the form factor icons. But that's up to
the artists.

> Do you think it would be worth providing these icons in pulseaudio as
> part of the install (and just installing them into
> /usr/share/icons/hicolor/

Sure. But those icons don't even exist yet. /me wheeps

Lennart

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net