First file play through Pulse audio has empty buffers?

Hi,

When I play the very first file after booting my system from pulse audio, I hear a hush noise before the music starts. After a little driver debugging, it looks like Pulse audio might be initially sending empty buffers for the very first time. Is that righty by any chance? Then after, for any file play, I don't get these hush noise.

Can anyone give me clue as to what pulse audio does when it opens the ALSA driver handle for the first time?

Thanks,
Harsha