module-remap-sink question

> I seem to remember (I had this problem before) that pulseaudio by default
> applies mixing to a greater than stereo card if a stereo sample is sent
> to it. At the time there was a flag or option in the config file that
> could be set, but since I didn't end up going that route I don't have
> it anymore. I believe it was Lennart who gave me the hint to the issue
> (and might have actually fixed my specific issue in the code). This was
> back in 9.10, which I am still running.
>
> Just another avenue to explore, sometimes that's all you need.

	OK, I have found that PA inded does this (see the
src/pulsecore/resampler.c:calc_map_table() function).
Thanks!

	It also explains my observations with special behaviour of the
Subwoofer/LFE channel - it is hardcoded for the LFE there).
It is apparently driven by the PA_RESAMPLER_NO_REMAP flag,
but I have to figure out where can I set this flag and whether it
can be done without recompiling PA.

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak  <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839      Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |