Mix multiple microphones into one recording application?

On Sat, 18.04.09 16:46, Fredrik Persson (fredrik.p.persson at gmail.com) wrote:

> > As for the input, sadly, there is no module-combine for sources,
> > although it should be fairly trivial to create such a module.
>
> For who? I looked at the code for module-combine, I can't say that it
> looked trivial. At least not for me, I've never seen pulsaudio module
> code before, but I develop software for a living.
>
> How long would it take, if you guessed, for someone who have no prior
> knowledge of pulseaudio to to create such a module?

In contrast to Colin I don't think this is 'fairly trivial' -- and I
ought to know since I wrote module-combine. :-)

The complexity stems from the fact that sound cards have different
speeds even if you program them to a nominally identical sampling
rates. That means you need to constantly monitor the playback position
of all cards and then resample the streams as necessary.

Now that said, we already have the logic working for playback. Doing
the same for recording now is certainly much easier then doing it from
scratch.

If you know what you are doing everything is easy...

> Does the project have a feature wishlist? :)

Yes. It's crowded already. new things get added faster than are being removed.

Thanks,

Lennart