shm size

Heya,

OK that was badly phrased.  It's not a leak, it does not grow, and is
the same size each time pulseaudio is launched.

I presume the shm is created with the size of memory that is
preallocated.  Here's what would be useful to know.

What is the basis for the decision to preallocate that amount?

If the number of streams expected to be active at any one time is
limited, could the pre-allocation reasonably be reduced?

Is the preallocation an amount per expected stream (presumably based
on the buffer sizes usually being requested) plus some overhead.  Any
idea what these values are?

Or if these values are unknown, should I just tool around and keep
reducing the amount pre-allocated until the audio stack fails?

Thanks!

Nick