Segfault on startup

Hello,

when I start Pulse Audio, I get Segmentation fault on startup
every time I try to launch it:

hanke at mach:~/cvs/speechd/src/audio$ pulseaudio
I: caps.c: Limited capabilities successfully to CAP_SYS_NICE.
I: caps.c: Dropping root priviliges.
I: caps.c: Limited capabilities successfully to CAP_SYS_NICE.
W: ltdl-bind-now.c: Failed to find original dlopen loader.
W: pid.c: Stale PID file, overwriting.
Segmentation fault

This is with 2.6.27-7-generic kernel and libasound2 1.0.18-1ubuntu1
on Ubuntu Intrepid. I'm sending the full log in attachment bellow.

What is the procedure to obtain the most useful information
about the problem? I don't know how to run pulseaudio with
gdb or valgrind because of the setuid/setgid. I see that
Pulse Audio has built-in support for valgrind debugging. How to
turn it on?

Please let me know how I can help. Since this is 100% reproducible
on two of our computers (different single-channel soundcard), it should
not be difficult to track it down.

Thank you,
Hynek Hanke