a simple way to disable pa

'Twas brillig, and H.S. at 19/12/08 17:13 did gyre and gimble:
> Achim Frase wrote:
>
>> Pulseaudio got some patches for ubuntu 8.10. Sure it isn't the latest
>> version but the situation has improved. The problems with flash are
>> gone. I think that was one of the main problems.
>
> Yes, it was one of the biggest problems and still is in Hardy. But in
> Intrepid (8.10 i.e.) the problems does not appear to be there. I am
> running Intrepid on a laptop and all flash videos work alright.

Yeah it's been fairly widely acknowledged that 8.04 had very poor
pulseaudio integration.

TheMuso put a fair amount of effort into making sure this was addressed
in 8.10 which is good.

Sadly pavucontrol is not installed by default it seems which is really
shooting yourself in the foot considering that the benefits of
pulseaudio are not realised unless you can control it in some way and
pavucontrol is the best tool for this at the moment.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie