pulseaudio timing out accepting connections

On Wed, 10.12.08 11:51, Brian J. Murrell (brian at interlinx.bc.ca) wrote:

> > That's up to the client whether they want to retry. Some apps will
> > retry continuously in a loop forever; some will retry a finite number
> > of times and error; some will error as soon as it fails at all.
>
> Hrm.  This seems strange to me.  I'd have thought all apps would be
> going, ultimately, through some pulseaudio (supplied) client library.
> Wouldn't that sort of behaviour be up to the pulseaudio developers via
> that library?  Anyway, this is a digression.

It is impossible to simply reconnect all open connections/stream when
they die without support in the application for this (i.e. broken
timing, ...). If you application has been properly set up for
reconnecting reconnectng is supported.

Please note however, that I think the time spent on making clients
"reconnectable" is better spent on fixing the reasons why PA might
decide to die.

Lennart