Public git mirror of pulseaudio svn

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 02:06:09AM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> I was thinking to move the whole thing onto my servers (i.e. both the rep
> and the sync stuff). I don't know svn-git that well, but it would be sexy
> if we could set up a two-way real-time mirror between git and svn. And for
> that it would probably best if the SVN and GIT reps would sit on the same
> host.

That's probably at least partially possible, but I would have to wonder if
it's worth the effort. Once you can commit directly to git, what's the point
of having it mirrored to svn? I personally doubt anyone would use it once
git is supported for commits.

As for Trac supporting git, I doubt it'll happen any time soon. Just because
there is very little benefit (again, IMHO), because a.) gitweb is far
superior to Trac's source browser (as far as git is concerned), and b.) Trac
can probably already be used as a ticketing system in combination with
gitweb as-is.  So I don't see any major itch scratching happening in that
direction soon.

--
CJ van den Berg

mailto:cj at vdbonline.com