"Aborted" when starting on iMac

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 03:41:24AM +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> >     root at ltsp:~# pulseaudio --system --disable-shm --no-cup-limit -n
> >     pic.c: stale PID file, overwriting.
> >     Aborted
> >
> The strace does not really help.
>
> As already suggested, please provide me with a full gdb back trace
> when the problem happens.
>
> Somehow some kind of miscompliation has happened. Some code in PA uses
> CPU opcodes that are not valid or not available on your CPU.

With the help of IRC, the backtrace I received suggested the problem
was in liboil.  I tried to build liboil on the old powerpc, but kept
running out of memory (it's a thin client, and I'm not sure there's
swap available).  It was running out of memory when building the docs
so next chance I get I'll try again with excluding the doc build part.

It's reasonably slow process compiling on the old architecture, as you
might imagine.  I have a faster powerpc, but I'm not familiar enough
with gcc specifics to know if I can emulate the older powerpc and
build on that machine.

Details suggestions are welcome, of course. ;)

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org