something like virtual soundcard on windows

Patryk Biela wrote:
> Hello
> I want to connect usb "sound card" to my wireless router and use it to
> play sound like it was on my Windows XP laptop. The router will be a
> server and Windows will act as a client.
> I don't know how windows sound system is designed but I think the most
> convenient way is to have some kind of virtual sound card driver which
> will send sound over the network.
>
> There is some information in the FAQ question 30 (2 MS Windowses ) but
> not exactly my scenario.

If you can run pulseaudio on your router (which is possible if it runs
Linux underneath: e.g. an NSLU2), then you could run a pulse client on
Windows and make it connect to the linux server for output.

You can get pulse binaries for windows linked from the pulse website.

HTHs

Col.