Sound works, then doesn't until I log out and back in

> On Sun, 26.08.07 23:00, Nikita V. Youshchenko (yoush at cs.msu.su) wrote:
> > > Playing file /home/dstromberg/Sound/Music/Dan Brown/The Da Vinci
> > > Code (disc 3)/24 - Chapter 22b.flac
> > > *** PULSEAUDIO: Unable to connect: Connection terminated
> > > *** PULSEAUDIO: Unable to connect: Connection terminated
> > > *** PULSEAUDIO: Unable to connect: Connection terminated
> > > *** PULSEAUDIO: Unable to connect: Connection terminated
> >
> > This is exactly about what I wrote several mail ago:
> > > - when user starts mplayer within session, 'session-side' pulseaudio
> > > server crashes at top of pa_memblockq_drop() on
> > >   assert(length % bq->base == 0);
>
> I am pretty sure these two things are unrelated. As mentioned, the
> assert() issues seems to be a Sunray specific problem.

Maybe, maybe.
I've just tried to reproduce it without sunray device involved, and could
not. Although I didn't try very hard.

However, another question rises.
It looks like 'session-side' pulseaudio crashes because of 'terminal-side'
pulseaudio has issues writing to it's device.
Is it really correct to crash (on assertions or whatever) because of remote
misbehaviour? This very looks like a DoS. Shouldn't some recovery measures
taken instead? E.g. close problematic connection?

Nikita