Re: [sony-laptop] Hardware keys are not properly mapped on Sony VAIO UX VGN-UX390N

Am 14.06.24 um 17:06 schrieb Michał Szczepaniak:

Hello,

I have Sony VAIO VGN-UX390N and it has 3 miscellaneous buttons on the
front. Zoom in/out and third that I'm not sure what it does. Both
third and zoom out register as XF86Launch1 and zoom in is not being
registered. After some looking into it, using evtest /dev/input/event5
I've established that zoom in reports as "KEY_ZOOMIN" but because the
keycode is above 255 it doesn't register, but from documentation I've
established that I can remap it to XF86ZoomIn via udev.

That's all fine but both zoom out and the third button register as
KEY_PROG1 and fixing that is not as simple as remapping so here I am
asking for help with debugging that. I'll be fast to respond and
provide everything that's needed.

Thanks!

Hi,

can you share the output of "acpidump"? The zoom-out button should report KEY_ZOOMOUT, can you also share the output of dmesg
after loading the driver with the module parameter "debug=1" and pressing the buttons?

Thanks,
Armin Wolf