Re: [GIT PULL] platform-drivers-x86 for v6.9-1

On Thu, 14 Mar 2024 at 04:04, Ilpo Järvinen
<ilpo.jarvinen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Here is the main PDx86 PR for v6.9.

So I've obviously pulled this, and pr-tracker-bot already replied to
that effect.

However, it turns out that the pr-tracker-bot reply didn't thread
correctly for me, and I looked into why.

Your SMTP setup is oddly broken. It looks like your original email was
sent with a bogus Message-ID.

So in my headers, I see how gmail has added a properly formatted Message-ID:

  <65f2d9d4.050a0220.b240.7bddSMTPIN_ADDED_BROKEN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

and lists your original broken one as

  <4844b67c9b1feca386eb739a4592bdbf.Ilpo Järvinen
<ilpo.jarvinen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

which indeed is completely wrong.

I have no idea how you managed that, since your headers don't actually
seem to specify the MUA you used. But whatever it was, it's very very
mis-configured.

The pr-tracker-bot reply does have that original Message-ID in its
threading notes:

but it doesn't thread for me because the message-id from the original
email got rewritten as something valid.

Can you please look into fixing whatever MUA you used for sending that
pull request?

This is obviously not a deal breaker, but it's odd.

              Linus