Re: platform/x86: intel-vbtn: 14c200b7ca46 breaks suspend on Thinkpad X1 Tablet Gen2

Hi Alexander,

On 2/14/24 13:01, Alexander Kobel wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> On 14/02/2024 11.54, Hans de Goede wrote:

<snip>

>> So the idea behind the patch causing your regression was
>> that maybe on some hw we need to call "VBDL" which enables
>> event reporting after every event to fix event reporting
>> sometimes stopping by re-enabling event reporting after
>> every event. This assumes that calling "VBDL" more then
>> once does not have any side effects, where in your case
>> it clearly seems to have several undesirable side-effects.
>>
>> So again the fix probably is to simply just drop the
>> newly added "VBDL" call.
>
> Thanks for taking the time for an explanation.  Sounds like *not* needing the VBDL call should be default, and that rather the devices that need it are quirky.

Ack, I completely agree.

It never became entirely clear if this call is even necessary to fix
the issue of missing tablet-mode-switch events on the Dell Inspiron 7352.

So for now I'm just going to drop the "VBDL" ACPI method call again
to fix the 2 issues this is causing on the ThinkPad X1 Tablet Gen2.

Regards,

Hans