Re: PROBLEM: asus_nb_wmi sends KEY_BRIGHTNESSDOWN on pressing CAPS Lock and PrntScrn on Zenbook S 13 UX5304VA

Thank you for the reply.

December 4, 2023 at 14:54, "Hans de Goede" <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok, that is good to know. Is there any specific reason why you are passing
>  "acpi_osi=!Windows 2012" on the kernel commandline?
>
>  Generally speaking passing any other kernel arguments then those used
>  to specify the root filesystem and things like "quiet" is not advisable.
>
>  Everything should just work without passing any special options and if things
>  do not work without special options then that is a bug which needs to be fixed.
>
>  Regards,
>
>  hans

Honestly I don't remember the exact reason, but I had it since the beginning, possibly due to not working hotkeys.
I removed it now, and everything seems to be working without any issue, other that now the brightness is no longer being controlled by the EC and cannot be adjusted outside of a graphical interface.
I'm going to keep it like this, I'll let you know if any issue should arise.

As for the other cmdline arguments (which I had quite too many) I realized that the only non-standard one I really need is `nouveau.modeset=0`, without which the driver - and sometimes the whole system - hangs (as this laptop has an old NVidia GPU I don't use but keep always disabled).
Do you suggest opening another thread regarding that on this mailing list, or should it be better somewhere else?

Regards,

Juri