Upstreaming Lenovo tablet switch driver

Hi x86 platform list,

I'm considering contributing support for the usage mode/tablet mode switch for some Lenovo laptops (including the popular IdeaPad Flex series). There is already an out-of-tree driver at https://github.com/lukas-w/yoga-usage-mode which works well,
but I'd like to get this support upstream.

I have a few questions regarding the best approach:
1. There is the ideapad-laptop module already which deals with a bunch of functionality related to these laptops, but not the mode switch. Do you prefer a separate driver or should the functionality be added to ideapad-laptop? 2. The existing out-of-tree driver uses a WMI interface to access mode information. Should I work on the WMI layer or should I figure out which EC registers to use to get the functionality independently? If yes, how do we want to identify support for this type of mode switch?

Regards,
Lorenz