WMI driver duplicate UUID

Hello,

while trying to write my own WMI driver, i noticed that the WMI bus driver complained
about duplicated WMI UUIDs. After doing some research, i think i found the reason for
these messages:

Apparently, the ACPI WMI specification by Microsoft treats the _UID of the WMI PnP-device
like a namespace, which means that duplicate UUIDs are llegal if they do not share the same
namespace (= PnP-device).

In my case, only one wmi-bmof device is used, the rest is filtered out despite laying in
a different namespace since they have the same UUID.

Could it be theoretically possible to fix this issue with the WMI bus?

Armin Wolf