Re: Dell laptop touchpad disabling?

On 3/18/22 01:54, Hans de Goede wrote:
<attempt 2, fat-fingered send>

Hi Randy,

On 3/18/22 01:32, Randy Dunlap wrote:
Hi all,

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5510 laptop. Of course, it has a touchpad
(which I think of as a nuisance pad).
I would like to be able to disable the touchpad easily.

Are there any best practices or suggestions for how to do this?
(I am using xfce4 as the desktop environment if that matters.)

Sometimes the touchpad is discovered as a PS/2 Generic Mouse on
the i8042 AUX port, and sometimes it is discovered as this
touchpad: "DELL0B24:00 04F3:3147 Touchpad" on some I2C device:
"i2c-DELL0B24:00". (The different discoveries might have something
to do with my kernel configuration/builds, but I don't know that
for sure.)

BTW, it seems that Perry Yuan is no longer at Dell, so would someone
from Dell please update this entry in the MAINTAINERS file?

DELL WMI HARDWARE PRIVACY SUPPORT
M:	Perry Yuan <Perry.Yuan@xxxxxxxx>

Thanks.