Re: Keyboard/touchpad break after resuming Dell Inspiron 13-5378 (possibly related to gyro sensors).

Hi Harry,

Thank you for letting me know the issue.
>From the symptom you encountered, I guess the switch event is emitted
before the system is resumed,
so the desktop still thinks it's still under tablet mode, and keep
your keyboard/touchpad disabled.

I modified the driver to log the events to check if the switch event
has been sent out correctly, and try to fix it by
adding detect_tablet_mode() in resume function to see if it works.

Please do the following steps after you download the tarball
1. tar -zxvf intel-vbtn.tgz
2. cd intel-vbtn
3. make
4. sudo rmmod intel_vbtn
5. sudo insmod ./intel-vbtn.ko dyndbg="+pt"
6. close and open the lid
7. dmesg > dmesg.log
And attach the dmesg.log for me to check.
Thanks.

Best regards,
AceLan Kao.

Harry - <vaaghoofdharry@xxxxxxxxxxx> 於 2020年5月31日 週日 下午11:39寫道: