HP Zbook studio G5 Brightness and mic mute keys give same scancode

Hi,
On my HP Zbook studio G5 a few keys on my keyboard give the same scancodes. Most notably, the brightness and mute function keys all give the scan code sequence 0xe0 0x20 0xe0 0xa0 as reported by showkey --scancodes. It only produces a scancode when pressed, not when released. I found another very similar issue in this mailing list found in https://www.spinics.net/lists/platform-driver-x86/msg16791.html. The issue in that mail was solved by a bios update. I'm running the latest bios, but I still have the issue. I tried the kernels: Manjaro 5.7rc4-1, Manjaro 5.6.11-1 and Manjaro 5.4.39-1 I also tried a few other distributions, but they all have the same issue.
I'm happy to provide more information about this issue if needed.

Thanks,

Friso