Re: Intel "5-button array" support on MobileStudio Pro

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 9:50 PM,  <Mario.Limonciello@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > Any comments? I will create a patch for testing in a few days.
>>
>> Looking for a tables with HEBC and this one I only can tell that I
>> would assume that tables w/o HEBC can guess HEBC returns value for
>> supporting 5-button array.
>> Though to be on the safe side I would rather vote for DMI based quirk
>
> Andy,
>
> Could you provide any insight how this possibly works on Windows?

I have no clue. I just read tables where HEBC is present (most
probably it's from reference BIOS).
It returns NVS stored 32-bit variable. Which is written by BIOS.

In the table in question we have no differences in BTN*() methods WRT
BID value (have no idea what's that).
I assume in case of HEBC() they would probably return a constant no matter what.

> I would expect that corner cases like this should completely fall over
> on Windows since it's an Intel driver and not customized per
> OEM or anything.

I might try to ask around, though I have no idea who did that driver.

> Maybe would it be possible for the folks at Intel
> who worked on the Windows driver to share information about anything
> different they're doing with regards to something like a possibly missing
> HEBC?

I don't know whom to ask. I might try, it would take time (sometimes
days, sometimes weeks).

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko