Re: r8169 broken when enabling the Atom PMC platform clocks

On Mon, 2017-07-10 at 20:23 +0200, Carlo Caione wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 7:50 PM, Carlo Caione <carlo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 6:06 PM, Darren Hart <dvhart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:

> > > In those two cases, are we able to determine programmatically if
> > > the
> > > clock is already in use by the firmware? (via the enabled register
> > > presume?)

> I checked again the enable registers in plt_clk_register() and I can
> actually see that the pmc_plt_clk_4 is already enabled at boot by the
> firmware. So yeah, at least in my case we are able to determine
> programmatically if the clock is used already by the firmware.

So, then it should be trivial to update the PMC clock driver to follow
firmware settings.

Please, Cc Enric when send the patch / new mail regarding topic.

Thanks, for investigating this!

--
Andy Shevchenko <andriy.shevchenko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Intel Finland Oy