Re: Dell Vostro V131 hotkeys revisited

> Are you able to detect if Windows receive keypress via WMI or keyboard
> controller or from other driver?

I believe it's done via WMI. In the first message in this thread, I
wrote:

"While in Windows, I copied a sample VBScript from MSDN for receiving
event notifications via WMI, set proper namespace ("root\wmi") and
notification query ("SELECT * FROM BIOSEvent") and it worked."

> Also what you can try is to dump EC registers and DSDT table from
> Windows and compare it with Linux.

Well, here's the catch: there is no PNP0C09 device in the DSDT and thus
the EC driver isn't even loaded in Linux and I can't dump EC registers.
Yet Windows tools seem to be able to do it, using ports 0x66/0x62. I'm
confused.

DSDT tables dumped from Windows and Linux are identical.

--
Best regards,
Michał Kępień