Re: Dell Vostro V131 hotkeys revisited

On Tuesday 23 June 2015 21:40:15 Michał Kępień wrote:
> > Then compile dell-wmi.ko driver with debug messages, so pr_debug()
> > call will print messages to dmesg. Press key and check if you see
> > some info from dell-wmi.ko in dmesg.
>
> I did that as well. Nothing appears in dmesg after pressing the
> hotkeys, even when dell-wmi is compiled with -DDEBUG.

In this case it means that event was not received via WMI... pr_debug()
should write debug info to dmesg when we receive unknown WMI event.

Maybe we need to somehow enable receiving such events? I do not have WMI
documentation and without it I'm unable to probably fix this problem...

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar@xxxxxxxxx