Re: Sony Vaio Duo 11: getting middle mouse button to work

Am Samstag, 25. Januar 2014, 12:17:13 schrieb Mattia Dongili:

Hi Mattia,

> I'd try with the input subsystem and the synaptics_usb driver first but
> it's just a wild guess. Your kernel log should give you more hints about
> which driver is bound to the device and the sysfs tree under
> /sys/class/input/event*/device/* has all the capabilities and
> identifiers.

The following did not help:

modprobe synaptics_usb
cd /sys/bus/usb/drivers/usbhid
echo -n "1-1.3:1.0" > unbind
#now the mouse is without driver, does not move, and
#/sys/class/input/event2/device/device is without driver
cd /sys/bus/usb/drivers/synaptics_usb
echo -n "1-1.3:1.0" > bind
#error: no such device, mouse does not work, nothing in dmesg
cd /sys/bus/usb/drivers/usbhid
echo -n "1-1.3:1.0" > bind
#mouse works again without middle button

Ciao
Stephan
--
| Cui bono? |