Re: Anyone working on charge control via ACPI in newer ThinkPads?

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 10:42:41AM +0100, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering whether anyone is working on kernel support for
> (dis-)charge controlling features of the current (or last)
> generation ThinkPads, in order to prevent any duplicate
> work. If not, I'd like to do this.
>
> This could be done in at least two ways: A stand-alone module
> or by extending the thinkpad-acpi module. The latter is probably
> easier.

Please note that I'm not subscribed to the lists. I am
only subscribed to the driverdev list, but I did not CC
that one.

I only worked on the nvec driver in staging thus far, but
the thinkpad-acpi code seems relatively straight forward
for me to dive into.

--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.

Please do not top-post if possible.