Re: Acer-WMI disables touchpad and other issues

Hello Joey li,

On 09/13/2012 04:05 AM, joeyli wrote:
On the other hand,
I checked your dmideocde on brc#848720, the 0x82 is the RIGHT acpi code
to you for touchpad_toggle key, that means acer-wmi should emit
KEY_TOUCHPAD_TOGGLE to userland. There have another thing also listen
the KEY_TOUCHPAD_TOGGLE and do the change. I checked the
gnome-settings-daemon, it just show up OSD but didn't change touchpad
status.

I was discussing this with Matthew Garrett in #fedora-kernel. He's telling me that if the hardware does the enabling/disabling that it should not emit _TOGGLE, but that it should emit KEY_TOUCHPAD_ON or KEY_TOUCHPAD_OFF instead. I'm in no place to know one way or the other. I've CC'd him on this so the discussion of the issue can continue to figure out what the source problem is.

Thanks again for the help, I'll get the acipdump and dmesg logs sometime today.

--
Nathanael d. Noblet
t 403.875.4613