Re: Acer-WMI: Iconia TAB W500 gyrosensor

Dear joeyli,

> [...]
> > state data, because they didn't put the return value in DSDT!
> >
> > On you TAB W500, the _Q7C method should run by EC when G-sensor detected
> >
> > state change:
> >         Method (_Q7C, 0, NotSerialized)
> >         {
> >
> >             If (LEqual (^^SENR.GSLC, Zero))                     /* G
> >             sensor enabled? */ {
> >
> >                 Store (0x05, Index (^^^WMID.FEBC, Zero))        /* 0x05
> >                 is Sensor Event */ Store (One, Index (^^^WMID.FEBC,
> >                 One))          /* 0x01 is G-Sensor */ Notify (WMID,
> >                 0xBC)
> >
> >             }
> >
> >             If (LMST)
> >             {
> >
> >                 Return (Zero)
> >
> >             }
> >
> >         }
> >
> > You can enable ACPI debug message to verify _Q7C method run when you
> > reverse TAB, add the
> >
> > following kernel parameter and reboot:
> >  acpi.debug_level=0x0000000F acpi.debug_layer=0xffffffff log_buf_len=5M
> >
> > The WMI event code in DSDT like this:
> >             Method (EVBC, 0, NotSerialized)             /* call by _WED
> >             */ {

> >                 If (LEqual (Local0, One))               /* hotkey event
> >                 */ {

> >                         If (LEqual (Local0, 0x05)) {}
> >                         /* 0x05 is Sensor Event, why empty? */

> >                 Store (Zero, Index (FEBC, 0x04))		/* all set to
zero */
> >                 Store (Zero, Index (FEBC, 0x05))
> >                 Store (Zero, Index (FEBC, 0x06))
> >                 Store (Zero, Index (FEBC, 0x07))

> >                 Return (FEBC)
> >
> >             }
> >
> > That's why we receive a G-sensor event but didn't have orientation
> > information of TAB. On windows platform, I believe there have another
> > driver listen and handle this g-sensor event when tab turned.
>
> OK, there havse a "BST0001" acpi device should handle by a g-sensor
> driver or a special acpi driver:
>
>     Scope (_SB.PCI0.LPC0)
>     {
>         Device (SENR)
>         {
>             Name (_HID, "BST0001")
>             Name (_UID, Zero)
>             Name (_STA, 0x0F)
>             Name (GSLC, Zero)           /* G-sensor lock? */
>             Name (GSLX, Zero)		/* X */
>             Name (GSLY, Zero)		/* Y */
>             Name (GSLZ, Zero)		/* Z */
>             Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)
>             Method (RDST, 0, NotSerialized)
>             {
>             Method (RDVL, 0, NotSerialized)
>             {
>             Method (WRVL, 1, NotSerialized)
>             {
>

> There have 3 methods "RDST", "RDVL" and "WRVL", currently, no idea for
> what functions provided by those 3 methods.
>
> my _GUESS_:
> 	"RDST" is read state?
> 	"RDVL" is read value(what!?)
> 	"WRVL" is write value?
>
> My idea is just find out which method is for read the orientation of
> G-sensor then we can use a driver raise it to userland.

Well, I'm getting somewhere, thanks for all your hints, they really blasted me
forward!

So, calling the _INI function, I get value of the G-Sensor kill switch (there's
a toggle on the bottom of the tablet to enable/disable input from the
accelerometer). So _INI returns integer, 0 for GS enabled, 1 for GS disabled. I
didn't get further (yet). Will keep you in loop!

Thanks!

> Thanks a lot!
> Joey Lee

Best regards,