Re: [Fwd: Re: A problem about acer-wmi]

Dear Joey,

Is there any progress of the acer-wmi patch?

I read the Acer WMI/SMBIOS Spec. and think we might need to create a
new acer-wmi driver for the new machines and leave the original
acer-wmi driver for the old ones.
The GUID is changed and there are more functions be added in the spec.
that the acer-wmi driver is hard to handle now.
And I'm not sure if I can implement a open source wmi driver from the spec.
Please input more idea about this, thanks.

Best regards,
AceLan Kao.

--
Chia-Lin Kao(AceLan)