Commit 7751ab8e600f26e10c2ba12a92d48a4852a51da8

Hello,

I just wanted to report possible issues related to the new backlight control implemented in commit 7751ab8e600f26e10c2ba12a92d48a4852a51da8 [sony-laptop: implement new backlight control method]. I and Javier Achirica have been using it for a while on different notebook models and agree that values close to 0 are far too dark to be useful, while 0 means totally off for both. Moreover flickering has been reported with CCFL LCDs (still present on a few models, such as the Vaio F) by another tester. In fact, with these Vaios, Windows never goes below a certain model specific backlight lower bound, provided along with the ALS capability. However, this requires further code not yet implemented (or the ALS support already available but not yet included). Please consider correcting or delaying that patch.
Thanks.

Marco Chiappero