Re: Looking for some pointers on WMI/EC access

2010/12/1 Matthew Garrett <mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Excellent! Send a driver and I'll get it merged.

Note that I have read the iasl -d'd DSDT myself, so I ponder if that
forbids me from writing the module (due to unclean room and all that);
either way, here's the source of the test module I used [1].

Only available are the front keys -- with the rotation one not being
fired when not in "tablet mode" (the EC event is not fired, seemingly)
--  and also "tablet mode" detection, mapped of course to
SW_TABLET_MODE.
There's also some kind of orientation detection events that I'm yet to
fully understand but seem nearly useless. I would very much prefer to
read the raw accelerometer values from EC or HDAPS.

Also: should this be a separate "lenovo-wmi" driver or integrated with
lenovo-laptop?

[1] http://gitorious.org/iaps/lsrot/blobs/master/lsrot.c