Re: dell-wmi - question concerning battery charge key functionality

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 11:53:22AM -0800, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> > I'm using  dell_wmi on my laptop (Dell Latitude e4300) which has
> > keybinds for toggling battery charging if AC adapter is available
> > (Fn+F2 and Fn+F3).
> > As far as i understand this functionality is not available as of now.
> > I get
> > dell-wmi: Received unknown WMI event (0x11)
>
> Looking at the code we are only prepared to handle 0x10 events. Rezwanul
> Kabir added the code to handle newer Dells so he might have an idea what
> event 0x11 is (CCed).

Fn+F2 should toggle the battery charging on and off. I believe that this
works fine and even updates the battery driver appropriately - we
probably just need to update dell-wmi not to emit a warning in that
case.

> > when pressing Fn+F2 and no reaction when pressing Fn+F3.

Fn+F3 should end up sending KEY_BATTERY, and your userspace should use
that to display battery information.

So other than the warning generated by dell-wmi, I think this all works
as expected?

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx