What should I do to apply the new log level value?

Colleagues, please tell me how to apply the changed log level value?

I read the API documentation, in particular the "Group PJ_LOG" chapter. I wrote a test code in full compliance with its content. It is launched by the command interpreter, after PJSUA initialization.

int v, n;
n = atoi (arg);
v = pj_log_get_level ();
printf ("\nbefore %d, new %d\n", v, n);

pj_log_set_level (n);

v = pj_log_get_level ();
printf ("\nafter %d\nj", v);

Apparently, the functions work fine, the new value of level is returned on the second request.

However, this has no effect on the actual verbosity of the application. It remains the original.

I suppose that something else needs to be done for the new value to be applied. Unfortunately, this is not in the documentation.
What am I forgetting to do?
--
Thank you in advance for answers to the essence of my topic,
Ogogon.