SDP media type "application" and transport protocol "udp"

Hello,

I would like to use PJSUA2 or PJSIP to connect two peers without voice or video to each other using a public SIP-Registrar/-Proxy and RTP-Proxy (my own instances of Kamailio and RTPengine, respectively). The SDP I have in mind looks like this:

    v=0
    o=- 2062900800 0 IN IP4 10.10.10.10
    s=mysip
    c=IN IP4 10.10.10.10
    t=0 0
    m=application 12345 udp foo
    a=sendrecv

I'm interested to use PJ in my Linux and Windows endpoints because I also have a (later) use case that requires voice, but equally important is the possibilty to mediate application UDP sockets for raw data without RTP. My application is going to read and write from the SDP-negotiated UDP socket.

I read most of the PJSIP-PDF and tinkered around with pjsua2_demo.cpp and simpleua.c from the samples, but I'm not sure if my desired behaviour is simply not supported or if my lack of experience with PJ is at the root of my failed attempts (I break assertions all over the place). I also scrolled through the mailing list for quite some time but couldn't find a satisfying example or answer.

Thanks for any input on this.

Christian