Re: pjsip Digest, Vol 172, Issue 3

On 07.02.22 17:27, MÅrîØ Raƒƒin wrote:
Thank you for your suggestion Christian,

   I tried to call malloc_trim() each time I close the audio device after releasing the cache pools.

It has a beneficial effect on the short term, now I see sometimes that the RSS occupation decreases, but on the long term the used still memory grows up.

Since I have not malloc() and free() in this part of code which manages the audio, and the pools are released I don't think the issue should caused by a malloc() without its free().

What I noticed from the debugger is that the memory increases when I enter on the thread function which manages the audio capture and playback.
I have some suspect about the thread stack.
Howaver this thread is created with the pj_thread_create() and when the audio is closed the pj_thread_join() and the pj_thread_destroy() are always called.

mario

Hey,
when you step through the shutdown functions of the library, will the memory come back once the pools are finally released?

Regards,
Andreas