Resuming a call in progress started by another host

I am designing a solution that requires a system to take over the calls of another host.  Let's say I have a SIP call in  progress between A and B.   Host B is shut down and a new Host  (C ) takes its place, with the same IP address as B.  And assuming SIP is running over UDP in this case.

If I have all information about the original call between A and B, is it possible for C to replace B and resume/answer the call already in progress?  (since no invite/answer, just send parameters to PJSIP and tell it to resume a call  in progress?)

Thx