Playback with given delay the received audio stream

Hi

I am trying to playback the same received audio stream, i.e. after answering an incoming call I am echoing back the audio stream. This works well, but I would like to introduce also a configurable delay between the call is answered and the audio stream is played back (0-20 seconds). This means that I want to buffer the incoming audio data, then start playing back after the specified delay. I have set in pjsua_media_config snd_rec_latency, snd_play_latency and jb_min_pre to the desired delay, but this has no effect. Could you recommend a different approach for playing back with delay ?

thank you
Bogdan