From: Bergman, Mats [mailto:mats.bergman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2020 12:31 PM
To: pjsip list
Cc: Mike Taylor
Subject: RE: Threading issue in Python example

You can’t use time.sleep.

I solved it by using the loop listed below.

    # Non blocking delayLoop

    def delayLoop (delay, delta=100):

        start_time = time.time()

        while time.time()- start_time < delay:

            self.ep.libHandleEvents(delta)

Any event that happens will be processed even if your main loop (calling this delayLoop) will be paused.

libHandleEvents can return at any point so you can’t use that command as a predictable delay.

/ Mats