Sip session timer negotiation (rfc4028)

Hi folks,

when doing outgoing calls via the FritxBox and having session timers active, we observe that the call is ended by pjsip. We have a 300 s expiry time in the invite and the FritxBox answers the call with a 600 s interval and the uas as refresher. Pjsip stays with the 300s and drops the call before the FritxBox can update.

I Pjsip, this is built in by purpose, in sip_timer.c is a comment:

/* Update SE. Session-Expires in response cannot be lower than Min-SE.

* Session-Expires in response can only be equal or lower than in

 * request.

*/

In rfc4028, I can  only find that a proxy must not extend the expiry time, is this valid for a PBX as well?

So who is wrong? The FritxBox or Pjsip?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Dr.-Ing. Andreas Ahland

SELECTRIC Nachrichten-Systeme GmbH
CTO / Technischer Leiter

Haferlandweg 18
48155 Münster

tel )  +49 251 6183-196
fax )  +49 251 6183-197

Anmeldung Newsletter

Sitz der Gesellschaft (Company Premises): Muenster | Registergericht (Register Court): Amtsgericht Muenster | HRB-Nr. 1264
Geschaeftsfuehrer (General Managers): Michael Heussner, Hendrik Pieper