Re: Ris: individual codec parameters for every call

Stefan,

I think the best way to integrate custom codec into PJSIP is to make all things as the library do it itself: implement your own codec factory with all of its callback, than register it in pjmedia and that's all - all the other things is the PJSIP's magic :)
The simpliest example is G.711 codec implementation (or L16 may be the easiest also).
Before making the outgoing call (or while initing yor app) you should change priority of codec so your one has the highest priority.

---
Алексей Ермошин

>You have to implement your own media transport adapter.
I have used it to mangle rtp packet in one of my projects. You can use it to completely rewrote rtp packet.

Which is not what I want to do. Actually I do not want to mess with the network-stream but with the audio and/or audio-quality of different audio-codecs.

>https://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/Media_Transport_Adapter

As far as I understand this wiki-article the MediaTransportAdapter sits right in between Media and MediaTransport. So it could see codec-frames but not audio-frames. For what I want to do it is essential that I can see both. This was the main reason, why I thought it would be a good idea to just  implement a passthrough-codec.

Maybe I didn't explain too well, what I want to do, so I'll try to detail it a little bit more:

I have some external audio-codecs. That is not inside pjsip/pjsua. Some are software-based and I could integrate them into pjsip, some are hardware-based -- yes, some neat multi-legged black silicone-bug sitting on a PCB outside of the PC. All these codecs require callbacks for setting parameters and for doing the actual samples<-->codecframes translation, "somewhere(tm)" inside of pjsua/pjsip.

I am looking for the most effective, least obscure way of integrating an external audio-codec into pjsip/pjsua while keeping it external (I need to for the PCB-codecs for obvious reasons) and being able to tweak it's parameters during an active call.

all the best,
Stefan