“Encoded Mode” video device.

Hi All,

Reading the page titled “Video Device API”, (http://www.pjsip.org/pjmedia/docs/html/group__video__device__api.htm), I see the following statement:

Some video devices support built-in hardware video codecs, and application can use the video device in encoded mode to make use of these hardware codecs.

I think that this suggests that I can create a video device that provides already encoded data, for example H264, without the need to pass it to an encoder.

I cannot however seem to see any other mention of this in the docs, or indeed the “encoded mode” mentioned in the statement.

Any pointers for this? I would like to avoid having a “fake” encoder that just passes the data through.