PJSIP - handle IP address change during an ongoing VoIP call!?

I was reading about how PJSIP handles IP address changes. In particular, I was trying to get changes made for Ticket #2041 working for me. In my scenario, the Android App detects IP address changes and invokes Endpoint::handleIpChange(). This all should be happening while the call is active and the call should not be dropped and all relevant info regarding the call updated properly (SDP, Contacts, Via,...).

Few questions:
1) Is this supposed to handle WiFi to Carrier switch as well?
2) Is this supposed to handle well IP change during an active call on all OSs?
3) I noticed the ticket notes talk about an option to start or not to start a listener. My client is not supposed to work as a server so a listener is not expected. BTW, how can I configure PJSIP not to start listener in the first place?

Now some comments.
While the changes for Ticket 2041 seems to be working better on Linux, things are not as shiny on Android. For example, during an active call, I simply switch between WiFi access points. This results with 'Received 50 consecutive errors:' coming from activesock.c file. The error condition ultimately closes TCP connection down and tears down the call. I am not able to get a VoIP call to survive at least until IP connectivity is established again. As said, this does not happen on Linux.

Can anybody shed some light on this topic, please?

Regards