Connecting to a call with audio output only

Hi All,

I've inherited a project where we use 1.16 and I've found that if you have
no audio input device configured in the OS, pjsua_call_make_call fails
everytime. Is there a way to only connect the audio ouput portion of a call?

I've tried connecting a sound port to the conference, but I'm confused as
to where I am going wrong:

pjmedia_port * speakerPort;
pjmedia_port * conf = pjsua_set_no_snd_dev(); //this is needed for the call
to be made successfully without having an audio input device at all
pj_caching_pool cp;
pj_pool_t *pool;

pj_caching_pool_init(&cp, &pj_pool_factory_default_policy, 0);

//I am not sure what to do on this line, how am I supposed to create the
speakerPort
//nothing I've tried so far has worked
//status = pjsua_conf_add_port(pool, speakerPort, 0);

//this always fails when there are no audio input devices installed
pjmedia_snd_port * snd;
status = pjmedia_snd_port_create_player(pool, -1,
conf->info.clock_rate,
1,
conf->info.samples_per_frame,
conf->info.bits_per_sample,
0, &snd);

status = pjmedia_snd_port_connect(snd, speakerPort);

Am I on the right track? How would you go about connecting a sound port so
that you are only able to listen to a call?

Thanks,
Kobus